Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spring has sprung~

Here it is, the middle of January and I awoke to a beautiful sound this morning. Birds. Beautiful, singing, chirping birds right outside of my bedroom window. They stuck around until the rain started. Maybe they will make an encore appearance tomorrow morning?!

Spring has never been my favorite season, fall wins hands down. I must say that spring comes in at a close second though. I love the beginnings of spring. I used to cherish the different growing zones when I was in college. I was lucky enough to have sping here and then when I went home for the summer break I was treated to a second dose of spring! Loved it!

You wouldn't think that the middle of January would show the signs, but alas, here they are. Earlier in the week I saw a blossoming tree (unsure of what kind it was, beautiful anyway). This morning I was serenaded by birds and then on my walk over to check my mail today this is what I saw:
YES! The beginnings of spring flower growth! Daffodils, tulips, hyacinth--Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment