Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Week of Friends & Fun & Needles

What a whirlwind week. Every night this week has been booked. It has been fun and exciting and exhausting-in that good way.

The week started off with one of my girls groups' October event. We were gathering to carve pumpkins. It was grand fun and we laughed A LOT.
I love, LOVE this picture of Jamie.
There was a trauma injury and a stat surgery needed to be performed, rapidly, with a toothpick. Thank goodness it worked.
When I was at the Pumpkin Patch picking out my pumpkin I had decided that I wanted to try a white pumpkin. It was a nice change of pace.
This was our group post carving with our pumpkins in our scary (intended to be) picture.
This is a "normal, nice" picture of our group.
And, another...
-
Tuesday I headed to my doctors office. I have consistently had a knee that has bothered me. It grinds and pops. It is miserable. I had decided finally that it was time to go to the doctor (after going through Physical Therapy a couple of years ago with no remedy). She said it was arthritic. Did I mention that I am not even 28 right now?! Really?! Arthritic?!
My options were a steroid injection or beginning the process to get approval for an MRI, which would/could lead to a surgery. I opted to try the least invasive track to start. So, the Dr brought in the needle that was HUGE. Her nurse that set-up the iodine, etc said, and I quote, "when I had a cortisone injection it hurt like hell. Ah. Well, it was in my finger which is obviously smaller joint. Maybe that makes a difference. Sorry. Are you okay. It won't hurt too bad." Thanks. A LOT. Really, because you know, I love needles and all. Especially the ones that are like 2.5 inches long and will be given in the joint.

Anyhow, I survived. Fairly unscathed, with the exception of a tiny needle hole in my knee. Which, by the way was small, but large enough that other people could see it.
Then I went home. I was done with that day.
-
Wednesday was movie night with Megan and her housemate, Corina. We went to see Eat, Pray, Love. I really enjoyed it. I craved spaghetti because of this movie. I also craved travel. Exploring parts of the world that are unknown to me. Ah, that wanderlust thing...blasted. :)

Thursday brought musical night. This is probably the 7th season that Holly and me have had season tickets. It is a nice, guaranteed time that we have together. The show was In the Heights. It was quite enjoyable.
Friday night brought the end of a busy week, but not before getting in a great game of hockey between the Portland Winterhawks and the Seattle Thunderbirds with Megan, Corina and Julie. It was a first time hockey experience for Megan and Julie. It was a great first game for them to see. At the end of the 3 periods it was tied and eventually made it into sudden death shoot out with Portland winning!
Here are some pictures from the game!


He looks like he is staring right at me doesn't he...?
During one of the breaks they had the dash for cash. Pretty impressive to see people scrambling around on the ice to get any of the $10,000 in coinage that had been tossed to the ice.

"The gaggle of girls," as Megan called us that went to the game:
Me, Megan, Julie, Corina.
It was a great week spent with great friends. Now, I am tired. On to a restful weekend (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment