*post-film viewing critic from a very unqualified movie critic: I thought that the film was well done, especially for the time it was made. There are some pretty impressive aerial shots. I do remember now that silent films are hard for me, as I love to multi-task and needing to pay close attention to a movie, whether silent or foreign and subtitled, is a bit more challenging to me.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
No time like the present...
I've always enjoyed watching movies. I've always wanted to watch all the Academy Award Nomination films before the annual award ceremony. I never have. I still aspire to that. I had a friend who did that this year and she is currently my hero. To branch off of that hope, I decided that I would start at the first Academy Award Best Picture Winner and work my way through the LIST! I rented the first winner, Wings, on my way home from church today. And so it begins--I am all settled with the VHS (yes, VHS) in the tape player and am ready to dive into the 1927 world of black and white, epic war film and love story and the beginning of many great movies to come. Thank you Movie Madness for aiding in this indulgence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
AWESOME!!! I think thats an awesome idea!!! You should post a follow up on this movie! I have heard its pretty good! Love that its on VHS :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic idea! Once I get through my netflix list I may have to start adding your idea on. :)
ReplyDelete