Tuesday, October 4, 2011

With Weddings Come Showers and Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties

I realized after doing the wedding blog, that there were other wedding events that I didn't blog about yet...here is a view...



Danielle had two showers, one in August for friends of the family and then one in September a week before the wedding for friends. We decided that the one I would coordinate would happen in September so that Alexis could be there.



Shower number one was an "Around the Clock" Shower and we all were assigned a time of day and given the mission to give a gift that pertained to that time...



I think that my time was 7pm...I went for dessert stuff.
The shower I coordinated in September had more friends of the bride and groom, than family and family friends.

We had it at Danielle's mom's house in Salem and I made yummy, mini, crustless quiches. A few different kinds.

We also had lots of other yummy foods and mimosas to boot!


We played a few low key games and then came the gift opening.

Danielle and her mom, Vivian. Color coordinated and all, and even unplanned!


Alexis, Danielle and me!After the shower and clean-up, Alexis and I rushed off to go do the grocery shopping for the Mexican dinner we were having at the beach for a combined Bachelor/Bachelorette Party with lots of folks. We then headed to Neskowin, the location of Alexis' family beach house. Gorgeous house it is, too!

After a drink and a little bit of catch-up, we headed to Lincoln City to go to Aunt Mary's, the bar/"adult" shop that I'd been to for Jamie's Bachelorette Party earlier in the summer. It was a hit.


Danielle and Garret with large "shots."

The girls at the second bar we went too.

After that we headed back to the beach house to make and eat dinner. The guys also wanted to watch the Ducks game. Everyone pitched in and helped with dinner and we were eating in no time!

Danielle and me~


Katie and Danielle~
Watching the game around the table. Before long all the guys were at the bar talking and the girls were all sitting at the table watching the game...how'd that happen?!

Henry came to the rescue when neither can opener would work and knifed his way into the cans! Go, Henry!! He also supplied all the margarita goodness to go with the mexican theme!
Jenga~~

Alexis, Valerie and Kyle. Michael, Katie and Danielle

Danielle fell asleep on Henry's lap when he was rocking in the recliner!


There were some courageous souls who braved the wee morning hours and went to bed at 6am. This was the view of the kitchen/dining area at 8am when I got up. Any partying happen here?! I'd say so!

I decided that I'd go walk the beach before everyone got up. This is the view of the amazing beach house! It was glorious!

The beach!

While I was walking on the beach it started pouring. The rock looks foggy, but that is the rain coming down. I was drenched in minutes.


All-in-all it was a glorious, busy weekend full of loading and unloading my car, full of friends and fun adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of an "around the clock" party - neat idea!

    ReplyDelete