Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Peaceful Thanksgiving

I had decided to spend Thanksgiving at home. In the peace and quiet of my home. It was marvelous. Every year I cook a turkey. This year it looked particularly nice and scrumptious.

Friday evening I headed down to Pioneer Courthouse Square to see the lighting of the tree. This year it is 75 feet tall and is beautiful.


Pre-lighting
with lots of people.

Santa and a few of his helpers to turn the lights on as the thousands of people on the square counted down.

Every year Pink Martini, a local group does a sing-along of holiday songs...Christmas and Hanukkah songs. This year held a special surprise. The Von Trapp Children, great grandchildren of Maria and Captain Von Trapp (the real life Von Trapps) joined us. Their voices were absolutely beautiful. I will hear them in concert, someday.

The lady in the middle, dressed in costume for a play called Ebenezer, has played Maria in a stage version of The Sound of Music.

And, the tree is lit!

And, I was there!

Lots of people are there!

On the way out...

It was a fun evening and a good way to start the Christmas season.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment