...for our pets.
I bought the above scale the other day. I've always been a bit anti-bathroom scale. And, I still bought it. Why? That is a crazy good question. The reason: my cat. Yes, I know, I know.
Thankfully I am not one of those crazy cat/pet owners that has to be home at a certain time to feed the cat. I don't go crazy with cat paraphernalia. I hardly ever buy her toys (and not because I am a mean mom...so many others do buy her things that she has more than enough toys for one cat to wrangle.
But, I did buy a bathroom scale for her. You see, my "little girl" as I call her at times isn't such a little girl. Just before Holly and I went to Snoqualmie Pass I had taken Ez to the vet. She'd had a runny nose (not uncommon) that hadn't cleared up and her kitty snot had begun to smell (uncommon). I knew the vet would say something about her weight. Heck...she could probably say something about mine...just kidding...sort of! :) Anywho, away we went and Ezme got weighed...19.5 pounds. Ouch...really? Maybe black makes felines look thinner, just as it does to humans? I would have never guessed she weighed that much...and others agreed with me. The low down is that the vet wants kitty to loose weight. So, she is on a high protein/low carb diet. (As I should be) and she now gets to participate in kitty calisthenics. The vet gave me the idea to have her run up the stair of my apartment. So we do that...every.single.night. and it kicks.my.butt. No wonder I need to loose some weight...apparently it is challenging for me to assist my cat in doing that same thing right now. Oy. Anywho, I have to trick her. Really, I do. And, I am a mean mom. Really, I am. I carry her to the bottom of the stairs and then run up and close my front door. A closed front door freaks her out and she comes hauling a_ _ up the stairs. I make her do this three or four times every night. Mean mom. Yes, you can say it. I'm at least nice enough to let her have a few nuggets of her coveted dry carb loaded dry food when she is done. Hey...we all need some sort of reward. Even a cat.
So, you may ask about that scale again, if you haven't forgotten about it...yes, I bought it so I could weigh her. Weekly. Ugh. The vet gave me the option of bringing her to the office weekly (read: a 30 mile round trip without the drive home from work to get her) or getting a scale and doing it at home. I chose the lesser of two evils. Now I have to weigh myself weekly. Yep...no lies. I tried putting her in her carrier to weigh her. I couldn't see the dial (I did in fact buy the cheapest scale I could so there aren't any fancy digital read outs. I tried just putting her on the scale. HAHA. And now, I've relegated myself to weighing me holding her and then weighing myself and subtracting the difference to determine her weight. It's a bit of an ordeal since I still refuse to have the bathroom scale in the bathroom. But, I keep reminding myself of the time/gas money/frustration that I am saving myself in the long run.
Who's to say that you wouldn't do the same thing for such a cutie with such a sweet face?!
She's never gotten in the drier before, but a few days ago I was on the phone with my Mom and couldn't find the cat...until I looked in the drier and she was curled up with one of her favorite blankets. And, no, I did not re-wash it...it was going to get cat hair on it anyway.
Wish us luck with weight loss. Running up the stairs must be good for both of us!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment