Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Drumming seems to ease barriers. Whatever the differences are, they seem to melt away." ~Neil Stone

A couple of weeks ago I needed to have some work done on my car. I have Sears do most of the work I need to have done, thus I roam the mall often while my oil is being changed, etc. On this Saturday they were doing something more extensive so I was sitting in the food court, mind you the food court where the shooter opened fire just a matter of a month or so before this day. All of a sudden there was a loud banging noise. People instantly scattered and headed over to the balcony overlook where you could look down onto the first floor of the mall. I hesitated, but once the initial shock passed, I joined the crowds. What was happening was a drum circle flash mob. I watched, enamored, the entire time. I love drums. I think flash mobs like this are cool and I've always wanted to see one. It was moving and enjoyable. Here are some pictures and a video at the end to take a peek at. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment