Sunday, October 5, 2014

Champagne Brunch on the Sternwheeler

I've written previously about getting to do wonderful things for work. There is a program called Senior Make a Wish here in Oregon and we participate in this program at work but holding 2-3 of these events a year. They've been small scale to larger scale. This go-around we took a participant who wanted to do the Champagne Brunch Cruise on the Sternwheeler. The cruise started from Cascade Locks and lasted a couple of hours. We weren't sure how the weather would be, but it was delightful. The Captain said he's not ever seen a better day on the Columbia River. 

A friend of mine has a florist shop and they did up this beautiful corsage.

The Sternwheeler.

Some pretty amazing champagne- Wycliff. From California...so I remember for later.

The beautiful Columbia River Gorge.

Bridge of the Gods from the underside.

The "paddle wheel". Lots of water spray.

There were lots of boats out for Salmon fishing. more beautiful Gorge.

Bonneville Damn.
I so wish I could post pictures of the people, but for confidentiality reasons I can't. Our participant had requested we all wear nautically themed clothing if possible so we all had on red, navy, white and stripes for the most part. We were a great looking group and she was so pleased that so many of us (12 total) participated. What a delightful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment