How lovely are your branches....
I need to readdress how I tackle getting a Christmas tree. It is a tradition-ever since I was a senior in college and my roommates and I got a tree I have had a Christmas tree. There was even that one time I had a fake tree up in July to celebrate Christmas in July. I LOVE it. I love the lights, the smell. The peace. I love that I feel a connection to my grandpa and mom when I sit in the dark with only the tree lights on as they both could and would spend hours doing that. Each year I say I'm not going to get a tree-especially since I am usually not home in Portland for the holiday, and without fail, every year I change my mind. I'm always pleased with my decision. The last several years my tradition has been to get and put up my tree the weekend right after the Festival of Trees is happening, once I am done with it on Friday for work. This year I didn't do that...because I was "really" going to stick to not getting a tree this year. And, there weren't as many close, convenient lots for me to get one at. But, last minute...one week before I leave for NYC I woke up and had to get a tree and I had to do it today. I went to a lot that a co-worker of mine had gone to with her daughter and there were so many trees I could barely pick...but I went back to the first tree I looked at-which I always do.
The lot guys strapped it to the top of the car and home it came...
And...it was perfect for me.
Ezme thinks that setting up the tree is hard work...she was plum tuckered out.
We had rainbows...lots of them on the ceiling and walls that made me happy while decorating.
And...it is lit.
Note for next year...as opposed as I have been to setting up my tree over Thanksgiving weekend I decided this year that next year that is a must...more time to enjoy it and why delay that happiness?!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment