
...that is, when it comes to most traffic lights. However, there is the cutest traffic light on my daily drive home from work. And no, it isn't cute in any regard other than how it functions. Every day that I have driven home from my current place of employment (coming rapidly upon 4 years-yikes) I drive through this intersection that has two stop light fixtures. And every day that I have driven along my merry way and had to stop at this light I would anxiously await the moment the lights would turn green. You may ask why? Well, for no other reason than my sheer excitement (yes, I have to use that word as no other can describe my thrill) to see the green light on the fixture on the right take seconds longer to turn green. As the light on the left turned from red to green signifying all of kingdom come to go as that is what green means, the light on the right had a sort of "blank look" on its face. Yes, the red would disappear and you would anxiously be awaiting the green as it took its sweet time in appearing. Crazy, huh? I know you are saying right about now, if you haven't said it before, that I have lost my mind, gone bananas. Fortunately, or unfortunately, you wouldn't be the first to say this about this VERY topic. A previous roommate of mine who knew of my secret admiration of this slightly slow and delayed response of the traffic light already proclaimed by "unbalancedness" (if that is a word). I don't know when or why this "quirk" was righted, but today, on my way home from work, as I sat awaiting my slow green light to shine in all of it glory I was utterly disappointed as its cute "glitch" had been corrected. I will forever think of the delayed response as I drive through that intersection and smile remembering my "unbalancedness", but being thankful that I can appreciate the "little things" as that is what life is about.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment