After Mary and I went hiking I came home basically long enough to shower and get ready to go meet Holly. We were heading downtown for the Starlight Parade, which is one of the many Rose Festival sanctioned events. The parade started at 8:30pm, but we knew we'd need to get there early to get a seat, as it is a hugely popular event. We met at Lloyd Center and took the Max down. Found a spot and sat. I of course forgot my book, so we did a lot of people watching. Thankfully there were a lot of people to watch. There is also a run before the parade so we got to see and cheer on the runners! Here are a couple of pictures:
The crowd in front of us.
It was a good parade to watch, lots of marching bands from high schools in the area and lots of people around. It was 10:45 when the parade ended and by the time we got packed back into one of the Max trains and near enough to walk back to Lloyd Center to our cars it was just after 11:30. I got home at midnight....late night and long day for me, but VERY satisfying! Woohoo for happy and good weekends.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment