I had given Dad directions to work and he arrived with these:
Once I got off work we headed downtown for dinner. We made a quick stop at Powell's City of Books. (It would be visit number 1 of 3 to a Powell's in the greater Portland area.)
Dad amongst the books...
We then headed to Deschutes Brewery Pub for amazing beer (gluten-free for me) and an amazing g-f burger for me and a sandwhich for Pops.
I had two glorious days off from work and when we got up Thursday morning we headed to Concordia's campus so Dad could see all the changes. Here we are in between some of the apartment buildings that I lived in once upon a time.
We got up Friday and headed for the hills. Mountain more like it. Dad had never been to Mt Hood, so away we went. Destination: Timberline Lodge. I was disappointed in the cloudy, overcast day as I love the view of glorious Hood on the trip up, but alas, it was not to be that day.
When we arrived at Timberline the clouds were blowing through. This is the best view we had of the summit the whole time we were there.
This is the view from the west side of the mountain.
We stopped to get some shots with us and Mt Hood.

Once we made it to the Hood River Valley we stopped off at Panorama Point Park. I had seen the sign, but hadn't stopped before. I'm glad we did as it is a gorgeous view complete with picnic tables, ample parking and restrooms. Sweet!
This is the view of us with Hood in the background from Panorama Point:
Mt Hood with the beautiful valley of orchards below.
After amazing views we hopped on the freeway to head back towards Portland. I can't pass Cascade Locks without stopping at this little joint for a mouthwatering Blackberry Milkshake. One of the things I love about my Dad is that he is always up for ice cream-I inheritated that from him. Most definitely.
We then hopped off the freeway to take the Historic Columbia River Highway back into Portland. With a few stops, of course.
Multnomah Falls being stop one.



Next stop: Crown Point. Phenomenal views. Sweet reflection.

The building is also pretty amazing.
I was worn out by the time we got home. I crashed that night and dear Dad let me sleep in the next morning. It was glorious. Dad wanted to say that we stood on a mountain one day and on the beach at the ocean the next. Once I was up on Saturday we headed to the beach, got almost all the way to Tillamook and then had to turn around. I later found out that the traffic back-up was due to a fatality accident. We eventually (3 1/2 hours after setting off from home) made it to the beach. We stopped and had lunch and then walked the beach.
Us with Haystack Rock in the background.

Feet on the beach! It was warm and wonderful!

Pops on the beach.
Me on the beach!

Fun sandcastle that we saw.
On Sunday, Dad's last day, we went shopping for a cute little boys 1st Birthday gift. And then headed to Battle Ground for Isaiah's 1st b-day shindig. Too.Stinkin'.Cute.

After the party we headed home and I had to face the realization that my fun, extra-long weekend was winding down and Dad's time for his visit was winding down. It was a grand trip and I was so thankful for his visit and the time I had with him.
.
Ezme sratched on the door and cried each night when Dad went to bed. So cute!
Dad also spent a lot of time playing laser light with Ezme, which she LOVED.

Thanks for the visit, Dad! Love you lots and come back before another 5 years passes! :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment