Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering....10 years later.

I can't believe how time moves. At times, so fast, at times so slow. Ten years later I still remember. At times it seems like an eternity ago, at times, like it was yesterday. At the time of the 8 year anniversary of a day that changed our world, I wrote this. Today, I re-read it. Today, I remember. Today, I find it difficult to watch the still horrifying scenes of that day. But, today, I still find the unity of our country that bubbled to the surface that day and in the weeks to come, amazing. I still find the heros of that day and of the years to follow truly remarkable. Today, my brother is there. He is at Ground Zero. Working and Remembering and I am sure he is being moved more that he ever thought imaginable. Today, I watch the memorial services from NYC, DC and Pennsylvania. I will never forget.




Photo taken by Frank Culbertson from the International Space Station on 9/11/01.

No comments:

Post a Comment