In an effort to boost my end-of-summer concert attendance (and because Holly was unavailable for an earlier in the summer event) I headed to Holly's and from their we headed up to Mount Saint Helen's for the third concert in their first "Music on the Mountain" concert series at a newly constructed amphitheater. It was a hot day, and I left home in long pants and enough clothing to layer. I could only imagine how cold it might get on the side of Johnstone Ridge in the blast zone, with no shelter whatsoever. Holly changed when she saw my attire. We were both glad for our decisions later. Actually, we could have done with warmer or more layers. We had the air conditioning on during the drive north, we had the heat on coming back. Outside of the cold we had a glorious evening. We were talking about how we know how to do picnics...hummus and crackers, snap peas, grape tomatoes, laughing cow cheeses, salami and cheese and of course Holly set us up with chocolate bars for dessert.
Here is the volcano upon arrival.
Smile, Holly!
I believe it is Mt Adams that you can see peeking over the ridge in the picture below.
What a great, albeit cold, setting for a concert.
As the sun was setting...
As the sun was setting we saw lots of people going up to the top of the amphitheater to see the sun set, I braved the cold and went up...so glad I did. It was a beautiful sun set.
We saw the "day old Blue Moon" rise also. I couldn't get a good picture, but we got this one with the moon between and behind us.
Thanks for the lovely afternoon/evening, Holly. I can always count on having fun with you!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment