Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon Rising

Apparently, I couldn't pass up a beautiful summer evening to go see the moon rise. Not just any moon rise, but the Blue Moon rise. I went to Rocky Butte, an area with an amazing view of Portland and surrounding area to get the best view I could. There were a whole gaggle of folks waiting with cameras (many that were fancier than mine, many not) for the moon to make an appearance. (warning: there are several pictures...little commentary...)

If you look closely you can see Mt Hood through the haze from summer fires. Click on the picture for a larger version.

In the below picture you can see the moon peeking up over the hill just offset to the left of center.
 Coming up a bit more...

 Moon and Mt Hood...





If you look closely, on the left of the moon, you can see the plane flying in...



Part of the gaggle of people...



I have no idea who these people were, but I couldn't pass up taking this photo...I love the sweet embrace, from what I imagine is a long time married and happy couple. Hmmm....
What a nice outing for a moon rise tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment