Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bat N' Rouge

Portland is a quirky place. It loves its Drag Queens and its Drag Queens love Portland. If you remember this POST than you will see how I even knew about this event. When we were at Darcelle's I saw that Bat N' Rouge was coming up. This was to be a fundraising event for Cascade AIDS Project where there were softball teams made up of LGBTQ individuals. There was a superhero team, a Drag Queen team of Marilyn's and two others. It was not your typical softball game/event but was fun to watch, outside of the blasted near 100 degree heat for the day today. I didn't stay long, but hope to watch again next year for their 2nd annual match-up!



I can't imagine running bases in short white dresses with a blonde wig on in that heat...kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment