Wednesday, March 20, 2013

To crave a place

I don't recall craving a place, besides home when I left-but that really was more people that I craved than the place. But, Hawaii....that's another story. I crave Hawaii like I never thought I would "crave" a place. I dream about it. I look at pictures from our trip. I look at pictures on Facebook of Hawaii related things that I  have "Liked" and when I see something on one of the news channel FB pages I look up the un-pronouncable-to-me street names and discover if I was in that location or not. I look up airfares for PDX to KOA-at this point I'm not even craving another island. I am craving Kona. I am craving Country Club Villas #320. I am craving the lanai that we spent so much time on. I'm craving air conditioning in the car in December. I'm craving the ease and go-with-the-flow demeanor of the island and the people. I can't put my thumb on the reason for this craving. Is it the glorious, weather in the midst of the coldness of home at the time we were there? Is it the beautiful scenery? The delicious food? The sheer escape from reality? I imagine it is a combination of many things, but that doesn't make the craving and not being able to satisfy the craving any easier. At the same time I wonder: if I were to return would I be disappointed or would the experience live up to my memory expectation? Was my trip one that is remembered more fondly that the actual experience? I don't know. All I know is this is where my heart is right now...




    



Until then...Aloha~~

2 comments:

  1. Kona was our favorite... I still crave that place also. I sniff a girls group adventure!

    ReplyDelete