One wonderful thing about my job is that we get to plan and implement wonderful experiences for our participants called Forget-Me-Not...it is sort of the senior version of Make a Wish...I've been able to participate in a handful at my new site and had done a BIG one at my previous site. For this event the participant wanted to go to the Grotto with her family and take a tour of the upper level and then have a prime rib dinner. We decided in the planning to coordinate it so it coincided with Mother's Day. We went on Saturday. It was a warm day and I started it downtown with the trains and then ended it in a beautiful, serene outdoor location and then at a local prime rib joint...here are a few pictures.
The Rhododendrons were in full bloom and beautiful!
Tami and I were ready to be in air conditioning and the restaurant we were at also had a bar...I had to take these pictures...classic!
When the day was done, I was exhausted, but what a lovely day...seeing a child excited about trains and then the wish of a dear participant fulfilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment