I'd always wanted to make it to the Festival of Balloons in Tigard, but never had. One year I'd gotten all the way there and then my mood changed and it was nearly 100 degrees out so I turned around and went home even before attempting to park. This year, I made it. After debating about sunrise lift off or going for the night glow, I decided on the night glow. It's a good thing I made this decision too because they didn't do the morning lift off today due to weather.
When going to the festival you park like a billion miles away from where the balloons are actually "parked" and walk and walk. I was glad I wore good shoes. It was so worth it. Next time I go I really do want to see them lift off though...so I might just need to brave the early morning hours for that. Enjoy the pictures...
I really liked the Humpty Dumpty balloon.
It started sprinking a bit and there was a guy running around telling all the balloon owners and before you knew it all the balloons were decending so they could be packed and stored. It amazed me how quickly they all came down and how quickly the teams manuvered them to pack and store them. I was impressed.
In addition to the balloons there was a carnival going on and a few bands that played. I listened to The Beatniks and they were a great group. I would definitely see/listen to them again. I was so glad I finally made it and will be back to visit again!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment