Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas-time in the City

Doing something for two years make it tradition...right?! Last night was the second year Jenny and I went to the Christmas tree lighting at Pioneer Courthouse Square. I'd say that can make it tradition. This year her roommate Angel also joined us and this year it was dry and (as opposed to the buckets of rain we had last year) and this year we returned to Rock Bottom Brewery for dinner (also tradition) and watched the UO and OSU football clash-the Civil War. It was a lovely night out! Enjoy the pictures!
Waiting the the lighting...
As we were waiting for the lighting I made a comment that it would be cool if Santa made his appearance by ziplining into the square from one of the many tall buildings surrounding the square. Next thing Angel said people around us had all started looking at the building tops around us and wondering out loud what building Santa would zipline down from. I guess I started something...maybe Santa needs to consider it! :)
Love, LOVE the lights. There were mini strobe lights blinking too. I love the atmosphere of the whole event as well.
 So pretty...
Too bad it can't be up all the time. I would love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment