A month or so ago Dave posted on Facebook that Josie wanted some Cars shirts, but Disney doesn't make Cars themed girls clothing. I had a crazy idea...I could make her a few shirts. So, I went to town on getting Cars fabric and t-shirts and did a crafting adventure in cutting out Cars characters, fray checking them and then stitch witchery (iron on fusing) them to the shirts. I decided they needed a bit more girly something added so I got fabric glitter paint and finished them off.
They turned out cute! I can't guarantee how long they'll last, but they sure make Josie happy. Stasia informed me that in the first week and a half she had them (two if them anyway-I needed to add glitter to the third) she wore each of them 2 or 3 times-laundry schedule dependent. She now has all three...
Mater and Lightening McQueen! I later added glitter outline to them.
McQueen with glitter!
And more McQueen with glitter outline.
I wrapped each up in some colorful tissue paper and Josie got to open each of them. She tried them all on and loved them.
The purple one is my least favorite of the three, but don't tell Josie!
Such a cutie and now with three new Cars (Cars Cars as she calls them) shirts to wear!




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment