~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Truly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been pondering as of late. Not entirely sure what exactly has spurred my thought-filled moments, but I've enjoyed them, if I can say that. I'd have to say that I enjoy moreso my appreciation of those I've been thinking of. And truly, deep down, I guess I do know what has spurred these contemplative moments. Family. No, not my blood related family, though I love them dearly. It's been the family I've adopted. The members not necessarily all knowing each other, because quite truthfully there are many and they are varied. They are friends, families, families of friends. They are beautiful people.
I knew moving to Oregon would be challenging. I wouldn't have a single family member within a days drive. But still, I made that move. Temporary--that is what I told myself it would be. "Just for your college years, Stephanie." Well, here I am--4.5 years post college graduation, still finding myself more than a days drive from any blood related family, but only minutes to an hour from dear "family" that have adopted me and I've adopted them as pseudo-family. They are the family I choose, and who choose me.
I still am often sad knowing that my birth family isn't so close, but I choose to be thankful that I have these pseudo-families that have popped up in my life over time and allow me to be a part of their inner sanctum of "familyness." I makes it not as hard to have my own family such a distance away. I am often included in family gatherings, outings, holidays, etc. It is a blessing and very heartwarming to have these experiences and I will be forever grateful and only hope that I am able to be "family" to anyone who needs that. Thank you to any of my "bonus family members" out there!
I knew moving to Oregon would be challenging. I wouldn't have a single family member within a days drive. But still, I made that move. Temporary--that is what I told myself it would be. "Just for your college years, Stephanie." Well, here I am--4.5 years post college graduation, still finding myself more than a days drive from any blood related family, but only minutes to an hour from dear "family" that have adopted me and I've adopted them as pseudo-family. They are the family I choose, and who choose me.
I still am often sad knowing that my birth family isn't so close, but I choose to be thankful that I have these pseudo-families that have popped up in my life over time and allow me to be a part of their inner sanctum of "familyness." I makes it not as hard to have my own family such a distance away. I am often included in family gatherings, outings, holidays, etc. It is a blessing and very heartwarming to have these experiences and I will be forever grateful and only hope that I am able to be "family" to anyone who needs that. Thank you to any of my "bonus family members" out there!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment