happy (adjective)-characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy.
(dictionary.com)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When I started this blog I had decide whether I wanted to use the word content or the word happy...so I went to the dictionary. I love dictionaries. I love words. Therefore, I love dictionaries. I also love thesaurus'. I digress. So sorry.I have decided that I will say I am content. Yes, circle that one. I am more content with that word. (heehee). Especially considering that "content" is used to define happy. In my brain I would assign the word happy to an event. I would be happy about a special day, a big milestone. I am content when there are no big milestones, no particular events, no out-of-the-ordinary special days, as everyday is special in its own way. No, nothing like that. I am just content. Content is a grand way to be. I want nothing more, I want nothing less, I want to enjoy life; right where I am, right at this moment.
Right at this moment I am sitting in the sun, with my cat in my lap (sorta hard to type). I am listening to good, soulful music. I have returned from my morning worship and sermon at church and a glorious dinner of corned beef and cabbage is simmering on the stove. The dishes are all done, the groceries put away.
Right at this moment I am remembering the giggles from last night as I blew on a little ones cheek, making funny noises; all while enjoying the company of a dear friend talking "lists of thing to do," baking/frosting sugar cookies, and just enjoying the time together.
Right at this moment I am reveling in the thought that my storage unit is super clean after being emptied, swept and re-organized. I am anticipating going on a walk, wondering what new signs of spring I will be seeing.
Right at this moment I am anticipating the week ahead, full of time with friends, time alone, time; while reflecting on times past with friends and family and those who are dear to me.
Yes, right now I am content. I smile a sly smile just because. May these moments of contentment remain.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment