Saturday, May 1, 2010

1,073 feet above sea level

After helping a friend with some painting around his family's new house, I decided to head out on an adventure! Portland is full of adventures. I love that. A friend of mine had told me of the ampitheatre at Council Crest Park. I had never even been, so I decided to go. This is said to be the highest point in Portland, 1,073 feet above sea level. It was a beautiful park. I didn't stay long. It was a little cool and cloudier than it had been when I initially set out. And there was the matter of the creepy guy hanging out, so I took my leave. I will return again when there isn't a cloud in the sky, when I can see all the mountains that can be seen. You really can hear yourself echo back when standing in the center of the ampitheatre...the same as when you stand in the miniature ampitheatre at Pioneer Courthouse Square.
The city is really very beautiful with all the trees freshly budded out and the expanse of green that you encounter wherever you venture.

If you look closely through the trees in the picture below you can see the 405 bridge.

Imagine Mt Hood in the picture below. That's what you'd see if it weren't for the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment