After living in PDX for 9 Spring seasons, and wanting to visit this garden each of those Springs, I made it. Megan graciously accompanied my to the
Crystal Spring Rhododendron Gardens. The garden was so quiet and peaceful, reflective of me and my mood for the day. The weather cooperated for the most part. (Except our fingers about froze off!) The garden is 7 acres and contains many colors of Rhodie, Azaleas and other trees, plants, bushes, etc. It also host a quaint little lake and many waterfalls.
The bridge at the entrance garden.

Megan at one of the waterfalls.

She was trying REALLY hard not to fall in!

Toddling among the stepping stones leading to the waterfall.

It started and stopped raining at this point....
Amazing colors!
If you look in the distance, under the archway you can see a waterfall! I love the sounds of cascading water, the smell of spring.
Megan on a log, remnants of a tree that felled due to weather, I imagine.

DUCKS! Everywhere!

Megan took a series of pictures (probably 12 in all) just to get the "perfect" picture of both duck butts up in the air!

"Can you twist that way."


Amazing colors!

Craggy branches and trunks!

Another felled tree.

Baby ducks; AKA ducklings! They were adorable!

More colors.

By now, I think our fingers were officially frozen. It was worth it though. The garden was beautiful. I will return, even in the "off season" as it is a truly peaceful place.

Maybe you should come out next spring and go with me?! YES! I love visitors!
No comments:
Post a Comment