Friday, October 8, 2010

Success or Failure?!

At the beginning of summer I made a list of things I'd like to do. Summer is very much over now and I thought I'd go back and take a look at that list. At THIS list and see how I made out. I can't say I succeeded, I won't say I failed.

Here is my list in review:
1. Go to the beach. ~~DONE x3!
2. Go to the Tacoma Museum of Glass. ~~not done...tabled to another time.
3. Hike, as often as I can, wherever I can. ~~DONE (a lot)
4. Discover new music. ~~DONE (a lot)
5. Drive to Leavenworth, WA. ~~not done...tabled to another time.
6. Go to a Portland Timbers soccer game. ~~not done...tabled to another time (when they are an MLS team)
7. Go miniature golfing. ~~not done...tabled to another time (this can so be a winter activity with an indoor course).
8. Go to a Portland Beavers baseball game (before they get kicked out by MLS). ~~DONE
9. Go to concerts in the parks (a few times, at least). ~~DONE
10. Go to Flicks on the Bricks (at least once). ~~DONE
11. Read more books. ~~DONE
12. Lay in the grass. ~~DONE
13. Go on more picnics. ~~DONE
14. Go to a Vintage Baseball game (again, it was so much fun last year!). ~~not done...tabled to another time.
15. Go to festivals (Balloon, India, etc.) ~~eh, DONE, but not with much enthusiasm.
16. Go to some area gardens (dahlia's, Leach Botanical, Japanese, Rose, Oregon, and more) ~~not done...the gardens weren't super great because of the weather we've had.
17. Drive to Sisters/Bend area (something I'd wanted to do all last summer and never did). ~~not done...tabled to another time.
18. Go berry picking. ~~not done...tabled to another time.
19. Drive the Fruit Loop (perhaps during pear season). ~~DONE x3!

I figure, a list is a list, as crazy about them as I am. It provided focus. At the same time, there were some other things that I did that ended up being much more beneficial and important, things that couldn't have been placed on this list all the way back in June when I made it.

1 comment:

  1. Steph, you did a fantastic job on your list. Mine... not so much. I am working on a list for fall, but have been a little slow on getting that going. So, it might have to be a fall/winter one. Love lists though! They can be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete