Sunday, May 15, 2011

Time Away in Corvallis

I'm so blessed and thankful to have friends in all places. Even though I don't get to all those places, sometimes I do, especially to the friends in places fairly close. My friend Tera wanted me to make a trip to visit her in Corvallis again after we had such a good time in the fall when I went. We planned the weekend and along it came. This time away was perfectly timed with a need to escape and get away from life in Portland. God's timing is good.

Tera was going to be running the last 5 miles with a friend who was running an ultra-marathon (32 miles through woods) the day I was arriving. Once she ran and made it home she called me while I was purusing parts of Corvallis that I know. I headed to her place and got the scoop on the run and the plan for the weekend. Tera had traveled a lot since I had last seen her in February so I got to travel vicariously with her and her pictures, to Israel in particular. We got to chat and catch up and then headed to her church where she is on staff and attended a prayer meeting. After that we headed downtown for dinner and more chatting.

We ate at a local brew pub called Block 15. The food was so good. We weren't sure if it was because is really is good anyway or if it was because we were both SO hungry. We walked around downtown a bit and made our way by the courthouse. I love the quaintness of Corvallis and its downtown area. When we got home the neighbors were out of town and had chickens that needed to be moved to a warmer place. So, in the dark, in a wooded area we moved 4 chickens, one by one from a backyard pen to the garage. What unexpected fun!

Sunday we headed to church, delivered car wash signs to a group and checked out one of the area specialty markets before heading home to make lunch, which was fun. Then we whisked away to a downtown antique store and stopped in at the Animal House, a pet store with unique and rare pets. Including these Chinchilla's that we took pictures of because they were so cute.

And they all liked to cluster up in jars.
Tera and me.



We were blessed by good weather during my whole trip. The forecast had been for rain the whole weekend and it barely sprinkled overnight Saturday night. What a great and rejuvenating escape and time with a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment