Sunday, May 22, 2011

It is hard to make it through the day...

...when all I want to do is come home and crochet!

You may remember from THIS post that I started a new crochet project. All I had ever crocheted was a scarf. And that was years ago. Stasia taught me how to read a crochet pattern after I fell in love with a particular pattern/afghan. I had actually estimated that it would take me between one and two years. In actuality, it took me like 4-5 months. Woohoo. Yes, I stayed up until 11:30pm last night to finish it. Almost 15 skeins of yarn, lots and lots of hours I made 105 of the "motifs" and am thoroughly pleased with the end result of my first large scale crochet project!


Here it is in progress...


Ezme felt that she had to continually check my work and approve of it.
She also had to approve of the yarn balls...they made mighty fine toys if I turned my head for a moment.

This is a picture of one of the motifs. I think it does the color better justice than the pictures in the first post.

This no flash picture is so that you can see the pattern. I'm a swirl girl and this pattern is definitely swirly, and lovely.

Tada~

All done and glorious.

Now, on to the next project. And, believe me, I've got a few lined up!

No comments:

Post a Comment