Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Hike of the Season

After getting home late from Corvallis, I was ready to ease into Saturday. The challenge: I had also wanted to go hike a state park since it was free state parks day. As the morning wore on, I decided it was a little too late to go, parking would be a nightmare. Perfectly, I returned a call from Holly and she invited me to go hike with she, Brian and 1 1/2 year old Isaiah. I headed to their place a little later and away we went to Lewis River, Moulton Falls. It was hot, but the trail was nicely shaded.



Brian, Isaiah, Holly

We came upon some railroad tracks, which the boys had to check out.


Isaiah loves sticks, and drawing on the ground with them. Check out his curly hair!

We saw a profile of a horse head in this rock...see it?!

Looking down river.

Brian wanted to get to this bridge, so we did! The falls weren't impressive, apparently I never even took a picture of them.

Holly and Isaiah stayed up on the bridge while Brian and I went down to get pictures. See them just off center to the right in the picture.

The river was "refreshing" according to those swimming in it, but sunning on the rocks looked delightful...

Group picture near a small "fall," though not Moulton Falls.

Summer, I think, has finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment