What better way to spend one of the most glorious, sunny, spring days in Portland?
By going down to the waterfront. To go where the blossoms are. Where the sun is. And then, to where the books are.
Portland is beautiful. I love it. I also love the blossoming cherry trees along the waterfront. So, I decided on the sunny day I would head down since I got off work early. The blossoms were just starting to come out. Another week and they'd be perfect, I'm sure, but the trip was perfect for me.
Steel Bridge with beginning blossoms.
Blossoms from above~
Glorious city!
Lamp post and blossoms
There was a bridge lift for a boat while I was near it. It's a big endeavor to lift a bridge, but fun to watch...if you aren't on the bridge and trying to get somewhere in a timely manner.
Such a little boat for a lift, but the waters are higher than normal I hear.
Looking back from partway across the pedestrian path on the bridge.
God's creation is beautiful...look at those little pink clusters of goodness.
Walking to Powell's Bookstore I realized a little one had hitched a ride....aren't ladybugs meant to bring good luck?!
And, in a book lovers heaven. I made it out of the store without a single purchase...success or failure, you may ask?! It depends on the situation. To me it was a success as I have SO many books I need to get read before buying any more...
What a wonderful, non-repeatable way to end a day, a week!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment