Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Even the sidewalks bloom!" ~Dad

One spring when my Dad was here he was so impressed by the colors of and the amount of flowers here. When he returned home he would tell his friends (and still does say this) that even the sidewalks bloom in Portland in the spring because of all the rain. I can't help but think of him when spring flowers are in bloom here. And, I most definitely couldn't help but to think about him when I saw this Rhododendron in bloom on my way home from work the other day. I had to stop and take a picture. You can barely see any of the green vegetation, but it is prolifically pink. It isn't just a bush either, I'd classify it as a tree...smaller than some, but taller than I am.
This is also one of many examples of why I love living here. It's beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment