Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Drives, Alpacas and Potato Salad

I'm thankful for the friends I have in my life and for the beautiful places that surround me. Today I rode with my friend, Linda and her husband and daughter to Hood River, OR to drive parts of the "Fruit Loop," which I love. They were hopeful that all the orchard trees would still be in bloom, but we were a week late. It was still a wonderful trip. The sun was out and it was gorgeous.

We, of course, had to stop at one of my favorite "parks" turned to one of their favorite parks at my recommendation. Panorama Point Park...it blesses its visitors with this view of Mt Hood!
 And, of the Hood River valley.
 We made multiple stops, but I neglected to take multiple pictures. Though, when we stopped at the Cascade Alpacas 'farm' and their accompanying business Foothills Yarn and Fiber I did take a few picture. There is some yarn that I wish I would have bought in the shop...I will go back and get it...someday.
 Alpacas and their "watch dog," who is huge and adorable.

 Aren't they just the cutest things you ever did see?!
After the ride we stopped in Hood River for a late lunch and I had the most amazing Blue Cheese, Bacon Potato Salad at the restaurant we were at. My mouth still waters when I think about it. It was a glorious day! Thanks for the invite Linda, Larry and Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment