Monday, May 21, 2012

In Cahoots!

I was driving along I-84 the other day and a particular billboard caught my eye....
Apparently, my home state is in cahoots with Portland. The city I love and where I live. The next time I drove that same stretch of freeway I had to take a picture. You see, Wyoming Tourism is doing this huge media-blitz and there have been multiple t.v. commercials and now billboards popping up to advertise the wide open spaces and wild horses that run free in Wyoming. It's funny to see how they depict Wyoming and to compare it to my recollections and experiences there. But, whatever brings the tourist to that romanticized version of reality, right. Although the commercials aren't particularly my favorite, I do appreciate the billboard comparisons....as seen below.

"SALMON STREET FOUNTAIN, MEET OLD FAITHFUL" (pardon the MAX lines and light poles, etc)
 And, this is Salmon Street Fountain, just for your comparison...

A few days after seeing the Old Faithful billboard, I saw this one on I-205...

"US BANCORP TOWER, MEET DEVILS TOWER"
 And, here is the US Bancorp Tower, for your comparison. This tower houses Portland City Grille. 30 floors up and amazing views....
So, are these messages that I need to visit my home state?! Maybe, just maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Salmon Street Springs sign the other day as well. I also saw them in Denver when I was there last week. Go Wyo!!

    ReplyDelete