Usually I make between one and three visits to Hood River in a year. In the past month I've made three visits alone, and that isn't even counting other visits made earlier in the year. I suppose since autumn is my favorite season, it was fitting to go to one of my favorite places so much in this season. Each trip has been incredibly different than the others, but all have been great. This time around Holly and her son Isaiah joined me (though Holly was the driver-car seat and all). We got a late start due to some scheduling difficulties and changes in plans for Holly and Brian. We headed to Kiyowaka Orchard for some of my favorite new apples (Mutsu's). I bought 20 pounds...and they are oh-so-delicious. I imagine I will be sharing them, too.
Isaiah was amazing with all the apples and the sizes of all the apples. Here he was picking out apples to take home.
On the tractor testing it out.
Exploring the kid sized fort.
We also went to Panorma Point Park. An always beautiful view of the Hood River Valley. A place I really love. Isaiah on Holly's shoulders looking out over the valley at a helicopter that kept landing and taking off.
We stopped in town on the way back to Portland to see the Mt Hood Railroad train cars as Isaiah loves all things boy- trains, planes, trucks, tractors, etc. He was in heaven and informed Holly and I that he would be going on this train sometime.
Isaiah loves adventures and kept saying he wanted to go on another one. It was hard to convince him that it was too dark to go on any more adventures that night, but that he could go on one another day. Even though it wasn't a planned trip, we had a great, brief time away and I now have 20 pounds of apples to enjoy...and I am really asking myself why I didn't get just a few more.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment