After Josie (my "Goddaughter" aka my sponsoree) was born I got supplies to crochet her a blanket. I'd decided before she was born that that was something I wanted to do. I went and picked out the yarn the day she was Baptized and started working on it. I worked on the blanket off and on for almost a year, which was challenging as I couldn't work on it when I was with her mom, Stasia (who is my crocheting buddy). Weekly I'd take "alternative and decoy" projects with me all the while crocheting like crazy at home and at work during breaks to finish this blanket. I intended to gift it to her on her 1st Baptismal Anniversary, which was October 30th. I succeeded. It just so happened that the 30th was my typical Tuesday evening to spend with them and I went camera in hand.
This was a picture I'd taken of the pattern and color...even though a photo doesn't do it justice.
Scalloped edge...
Isn't she a cutie?!
She was good at pulling the tissue paper out.
Just a little help!
She loved the tissue paper balls her big brother made.
Dad even approved of the new blanket...
And, of course, big brother Myles was a bundle of energy and it had been several weeks since I'd seen them all so he was wired. And.He.Had.A.Camera.Dun, Dun, Dun.
Stasia finally got a picture of us without the addition of the camera.
I hope Josie's gift provides comfort and warmth for her for many years to come! I sure enjoyed making it for her
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment