The night after Thanksgiving is always the annual tree lighting for the big tree at Pioneer Courthouse Square. I've been a few times and this year, Jenny and Sara joined me. It was pouring rain. In a normal year when I would go by myself I would have probably bowed out. Stayed home and stayed dry watching it on television. But, neither Jenny or Sara has ever seen this event, so we braved the rain and went down. We got there late, which in the end worked out okay because we were standing on the outskirts, and therefore we were able to make a quick get-a-way after the lighting. We hurried to the dryness of a local brewery for dinner with plans to return after eating to get some closer pictures. Here is the evening photo documentation...
Jenny giving the rain thumbs up?! Or was it that we were at the tree lighting that she was approving?!
Waiting...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...LIGHTS! 75 feet of tree lit up!
Post dinner pictures...
You can always count on Jenny for comic relief in pictures. I'm surprised that there are any serious ones that she is in.
My hair looks so long...I got it cut just a few days after this.
And, the classic "you've been to Pioneer Courthouse Square" pictures with the umbrella man statue. This is the only picture I've had taken with him, too...after all the years of seeing him.
Look at all that water on the ground. It was so rainy and wet that I was clammy and the inside of my coat pockets were wet. Good thing we aren't made of sugar...we'd have melted away.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment