Saturday, July 20, 2013

“The air was fragrant with a thousand trodden aromatic herbs, with fields of lavender, and with the brightest roses blushing in tufts all over the meadows. . . .” ~William Cullen Bryant

For years I have wanted to go to a lavendar field. Today, I finally did that! I didn't have a plan to do this until I woke up and just decided to hop in my hot car on this hot day and go for a drive with a lavendar field being my destination. It was a great little "day trip"-heat and all.

The weather has been glorious this summer-which is great, but it also means that everything is early. Because of this, it was the end of lavendar season-or at least the end of the peak lavendar season. I still thought it was great!

There were probably 30 different varieties of lavendar at this Lavendar Farm...it smelled amazing!


I loved the quaintness of the farm...cute old bike!


Heeps of lavendar!

They had baskets and siccors for folks to use in getting their lavendar...this was my basketful. Some of it will be used to make lavendar sachets with my participants at work and some of it will just make my house smell good!

I bought this adorable, little (and by little, I mean little-the frame measures like 3-4 inches I think) picture. I thought it was precious and I really like purchasing artwork from local artists-which this one is. And, I just like little things, too... 

Proof...I was there-with all the bees!

On the drive to the fields I had passed this little market. Had to stop on my way home and it was so cute and filled with fun things-fruits, veggies, and lots of kitchen and home goods. And-milkshakes. The one I had was amazing. If it wasn't so far away from home for me I think it could be one of me new favorite places...I suppose it still can be-even if I only make it there this one time.

Here's to wonderful summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment