Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sun dogs?! Say what?

A couple weeks ago I was looking through this slide show (http://local.msn.com/beautiful-weather-phenomena) about weather phenomenon and have seen many circular rainbows (as seen on slide #7) and so I clicked to learn more about what they are called, etc and eventually found information about Sun Dogs. I think they are so facinating, but I think the sky is facinating...clouds, sunrises and sunsets, rainbows, the many different colors of the sky. Then the other night as I was driving I looked over and saw one version of a sun dog that I'd never seen. I'd seen the full halo, but not the kind where it just looks like two rainbows -one on each side of the sun that almost appears to be hugging the sun. So I had to take a picture. This is the rainbow section on the right side of the sun-the one on the left side was fading fast enough it wasn't very visible in the picture. It was a cool thing to see! 


No comments:

Post a Comment