Saturday, August 31, 2013

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." ~Henri Matisse

I love Dahlia's. They are amazing flowers. Though I could do without the pom-pom versions. Every year I go to the Swan Island Dahlia Fields to see some amazing colors and to dream about my future yard/garden. This year my friend Jenny has become an avid lover or gardening-flowers and veggies. I invited her to join me and she was more than happy and excited to do so. We picked a day and away we went to the flowers. It was a hot day-like every day that I go to the Dahlia Fields is, but we had a mission: take as many pictures as possible. Jenny's got a plan. In the dull, dreary, winter months she'd like to comb through the pictures and pick her favorites to print, frame in simple black frames and hang. A way to bring some summer into the midst of winter and any day to come. So we went. We took pictures. And then we took some more pictures. And when we thought we'd taken enough, we took some more...just to be "safe." So...pardon this photo dump...there are more where these came from so be glad I didn't upload the 100+ pictures I took just on my camera. Weed through them for a couple people-involved pictures! (PS We did play with the altered version button on my camera-so some of these pictures have been color altered.)












A picture of us before we got too hot and sweaty!

 My favorites for this year...































After getting maybe enough pictures, but for sure getting to an over heated point we headed out. I'd been craving BBQ and once I mentioned it to Jenny so was she. So after dropping off flowers that we purchased at Jenny's we headed for Famous Dave's. First time either of us had been there. We will go back. It tasted amazing! So yummy.
Thanks for the fun day, Jenny! We'll see these pictures in the grey months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment