Jenny fell in love with Hood River and all things Hood River, when I took her last year. So, when this fall was approaching she insisted we go again this year. I won't complain whenever someone insists that I go to Hood River. Weekends were tricky between our schedules this October, so we settled on today, sort of last minute. I think it was meant to be. The weather was amazing...down right warm.
Here is Mt Hood with orchard in the foreground. There'd been a nice layer of fresh snow on the mountain to make it look pristine.
Pumpkins and gourds and hay at Rasmussen Farms.Where the Wild Things Are Pumpkin people. There were more...they were creepy.
Jenny and me and the pumpkin people! Smile.
Snow covered Mt Adams.
Classy with the fanny pack! Ha!
More Mt Hood!
Lunch time BBQ. A bit disappointing. We decided we prefer the chain Famous Dave's to this...we will go there soon.
It's hard to tell, but if you look at the ridge on the lower left side of the mountain you can see the snow that melted a bit to form an ice crust that shines in the sun. More of it shines than that part, but that's the easiest place to see it in this picture.
When all was said and done we had lots of apples, pears and other fruits and veggies to bring home. What a glorious day! Thanks, lady!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment