I decided I'd go to the Japanese Garden. It had been nearly 10 years since I'd gone. My mom and I went the summer of 2004 when she was visiting while I staying in Portland to take summer classes. It was a lovely time and one of my favorite charms from my charm bracelet came from there....and silver origami cane. I got up Friday and got all ready and just as I was walking out my door it started downpouring. Now, the last thing I really wanted to do was go to an outdoor garden in the West Hills of Portland in the pouring rain. So instead I ran errands, planned a spur of the moment lunch with a friend and continued to be a bit bummed, knowing full well that it was sunny in Central OR. Oh well. I'd get there another day.
Saturday was also a bit rainy so I decided to go to the Japanese Garden on Sunday after church-so that I did. As I was walking up the hill to the garden entrance I discovered that my camera was on its last of battery power and really debated about leaving and coming back Monday (Memorial Day) or another weekend. But, I decided I'd go and make it work.
Here is the lower entrance from above it before hiking (or you can ride in a shuttle) up to the main entrance. As the title quote says, it is necessary to understand the beauty of stone in a Japanese Garden because it is everywhere. I love it.
Such a peaceful place.
I love the picture below. Love it. I don't know why exactly, I just do.
Love watching the Koi. Fish are so calming.
So right about here my camera battery died so I pulled out my cell phone (my non-smart phone) and took some pictures and they weren't too bad.
It was a cool and overcast Portland day, of course until I was leaving the garden, but it was wonderful to go back and see things that I didn't even recall having seen 10 years ago. Maybe I will try for 5 years between visits this next go-round.
Also, plans for that Smith Rock State Park hike are being dreamed about for the fall. Stay tuned. I will get there sometime.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment