Friday, May 9, 2014

The Letter "F"

My friend Janelle has a daughter turning 1! I can't believe how time flies. For Naomi's 1st Birthday gift Janelle asked a bunch of folks to decorate specific letters so that Naomi could have the whole alphabet hanging on her wall. I was assigned an "F" and had the darndest time trying to find a letter "F" in a font I like and sometimes just finding a letter "F" was a challenge. Notice the labels for the letters below. Something missing?


Once I found a letter "F" I went to town to decorate it. I'm not a glitzy, shiny kind of girl. Bling is not my thing, but I so wanted to rhinestone my letter. With some help from my brother in design I settled on an ombre style of rhinestoning. My friend Stasia also helped with layout and then I finally several days later got inspired to actually glue the rhinestones down-something I've been avoiding because of their small size and not knowing which glue would be the best. I just needed to do it.

Here's the finished product. I'm pleased with how it turned out! Hopefully Janelle and Naomi enjoy it as much also!

Happy 1st Birthday, Naomi!

No comments:

Post a Comment