Thursday, May 22, 2014

Kindergarten Bound!

My, how time flies. Seriously. I met this adorable little one nearly 5 years ago. He was about 3 months old when I'd met him as he was born in St Louis. He was adorable then and still is. This picture was taken July 10th 2009. The day he and his parents arrived back in Portland following his dad's seminary stint. Stasia was a good friend in college as was Dave once they got married. We'd spend evenings together, a fun Thanksgiving holiday together among other adventures. Stasia and I kept in touch while they were in St Louis, Michigan and back in St Louis. I was excited when Dave was called to be a pastor here in Portland. And, close to me. I'd met them at a hotel briefly when they were house hunting in June and met Myles for the first time. Little did I know how involved in his life I would get to be. It is such a privilege. 
The cute on above has turned into the more grown up looking 5 year old that just graduated from preschool below. Forgive the blurry picture...my camera didn't like the lighting when I refused to let its flash go off.
Saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
 Myles next to his cousin, John.
 Getting his diploma...
 ...and his memory book.
 With cousin John after the ceremony.
 I had asked Stasia to get a picture of Myles and me and Josie wanted to join!

It's amazing how this little one grew up to this kindergarten bound boy that is all arms and legs and smiles on this day. And, how blessed am I to have gotten to experience so much of it. From his sleeepless nights early on to bathtime fun, to adding siblings, having all of our grand adventures. There have probably been hundreds of books read, laughs had and questions asked. I get to experience a lot of the best parts of his life.
 Myles...I pray you go far in your upcoming years of education. Before long I hope to have a picture of you and me at your high school and college graduations! Getting ready to go off to live your life doing something you are truly passionate about. Much love from Miss Stephie.

And here, for enjoyment are a couple cute/subpar quality pictures of me and Josie because a camera can't be out without Josie wanting a picture.

My favorite....

Lot of love, cute kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment