It was time for the summer edition of Grand Adventure Time with Myles and boy, we did it up right today. So much so that I'm tired all over again thinking about it. A good tired. No. A great tired.
We started the day leaving one little sister crying crocodile tears since she wasn't getting to join us and the other little sister smiling big smiles because she isn't old enough to know what she is missing. And Mom. She deserves a grand adventure!
First we made our way to the Columbia Springs Fish Hatchery, on a tip from my friend John. We had a great time looking at and feeding fish.
If you look closely you can see the fish. They are thick in the water. This pond held fish only about 3 inches long.
We found the feeding pond with HUGE fish and ducks.
Getting food out of the bucket.
Smiles!
The fish in the feeding pond were about a foot and a half long.
Next we made our way to the Pearson Air Museum. Quite frankly, it was disappointing. It used to be privately run and house lots and lots of planes but then was taken over by the National Park Service as it is on the grounds of Fort Vancouver. They now have two planes. Myles wasn't disappointed as he had no expectation, but I was disappointed. It'll be awhile before I venture over there again.
Plane one above and plane two below.
We spent more time at the coloring table in the lobby than we did in the museum.
Pilot guys that Myles want to play with.
When we were leaving there were a couple small planes that were getting ready to take off that we watched.
Then we walked the quick walk to Fort Vancouver....
And made our way the the carpenter shop...
There was a nice carpenter re-enactor and he was working on building a cart.
He gave Myles a top and showed him how to spin it...
Myles will be practicing a lot....
Smaller than the cannons.
Next we headed to lunch at one of my favorite summer locations...the Island Cafe! Myles colored and was particularly patient while we were waiting for lunch.
Loving the umbrella in his drink of choice...chocolate milk!
Chillin' next to the skeleton.
Among the sailboats.
On our way off Hayden Island we stopped to swing and play on the play structure.
Then we went bowling at Grand Central Bowl. Such a fun place to go. This was Myles's first bowling experience that he could recall.
And he was a pro with the ramps!
His favorite bowling ball to use was the 12 pounder.
Our score midway...we were tied.
I like the above picture of us better, but I like the "Let's Go Bowling" sign in the one below better...
Our final score...I barely won...and he was ahead of me for a long time. I think this was the lowest low score I've ever had bowling, but we sure had fun!
Then we were off to our traditional Burgerville milkshake...
And then we went home. Such a wonderful adventure day. As a told a friend who checked in at the end of the day, it was "delightfully exhausting." Mom, Josie and Ella greeted us when we got home!
There were many conversations we had because Myles likes to talk, but my favorite one went like this:
him: "I lost a head one time."
me: "At John's house?"
him: "Yep. It's in Pete's Legos."
Leading up to this segment of the conversation we'd been talking about Lego guys (and there heads) and John and Peter are cousins of his. He also strongly recommended that I have a baby to keep me company and to play with his little sister Ella. Man, I get it from all directions, even the 5 yr olds in my life now! Heehee!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment