Portland Taiko is celebrating their 20th anniversary this season and were playing to celebrate that at Washington Park's Summer Festival, which is always a great venue at the Rose Garden Amphitheater. I made my way up late in the afternoon so I could get a good spot. Took dinner, a book, my crochet, but only ended up really people watching.
There was an South Indian dance group that performed one dance solo and one dance with the Taiko group...Japan meets South India. Not something that makes sense in my mind, but fun to see in person.
It was a lovely evening and afterward I stopped to smell the roses-literally.
It was also the Super Moon Full Moon night and this is the glimpse I got of it. Pictures don't do it justice. It looked amazingly large and wonderful.
I can't believe it's almost mid-August. Summer is flying.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment