Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Proud New Inheritor of An Original

I was gifted a dear and close to my heart gift tonight. I lost a participant, who was a light in my life, a little over a year ago. I still miss her. I still have the privilege of seeing her family. She was an amazing artist. Her daughter has been trying, for the last year, to get me to willingly accept one of the many paintings they have that her mom had done. I haven't wanted to. I've pushed back. I've resisted. I thought it would be too hard to have one of her pieces. When I was having dinner with her daughter tonight, going through the artwork was brought up. I tried to diffuse the situation. Then she got flustered. I thought in my head, "you know Stephanie, this may be her way of having some closure. Accept the gift graciously." So, I left her home with a new piece of art work for my home. I love it. It already feels like it belongs. Now...to frame it. The mat doesn't do it any justice either. And then, a distinguished place for it to hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment