Apparently, we love our socks here. So much so that some crazy folk arrive in the wee hours of the morning at their local Fred Meyer store on Black Friday to get great deals on socks. Socks. Because I am not originally from here and also choose not to participate in the chaos I forget every year about this madness. That is until I walk into Fred Meyer anytime during the week before Thanksgiving. Every year this thought goes through my mind: "why are there so many boxes of socks. Seriously, stockers, get them out of the isles." Oh, goodness. Socks. 50% off on Friday apparently. Is it worth it?
I've also heard stories of people going in to Freddies on Thanksgiving Day and hiding socks so that they can avoid all the people swarming the boxes and can just go to their friendly garden center and extract said socks out of the pots that they've hidden them in. Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to give away your secret. Really. Please forgive.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Me and mine will not be sock shopping in the wee hours of Friday morn.
No comments:
Post a Comment