Saturday, January 8, 2011

Strolling through a garden on a cold winter day

Even though this post is dated in accordance to when the event actually occurred, I beckon from months later to capture the moments...


Every January the Lan Su Chinese Garden in downtown Portland hosts a free day. January in Portland usually herolds rain and cold, and rain. This beautiful January day, however, didn't bring the rain, only the cold. But cold is managable if you aren't wet at the same time. I joined Megan and Corina for a jaunt downtown to lay eyes on the the one city block, 'most authentic Chinese garden outside of China,' which was primarily constructed by Chinese workers that came from Portland's sister city, Suzhou.


Even though it was January, there is a growing season year round at the garden and these are some of the beautiful sites we saw...


Above: Lake Zither




Loved the rock walkways.

And the tiled roofs.




I really love the above picture. Shows how in the midst of the city the garden really is.



Megan captured this shot of me at one of the circular walk throughs of the garden.


It as a beautiful day for a stroll in the garden, and I vow to return in warmer weather to experience it at that time also.

No comments:

Post a Comment