Sunday, January 2, 2011

T'was the Night Before Christmas...

...when all through the plane,
the attendants were busy, the passengers insane.
The seat pockets in front of me, stuffed with sickness bags,
in hopes that no one would actually gag.

The attendants scurrying up and down the isles,
passing out peanuts, drinks and smiles.
The turbulence was rough,
while the seats could use more fluff.

The time was dragging,
while the lady next to me was bragging.
We landed in the nick of time,
so I can stop trying to rhyme.

Okay, okay...my very POOR attempted at rhyming, but once I titled the post I felt obligated to go with it, even if for a short time. Please forgive me!

So, with my poor rhyming and apology out of the way, let's move on to the way I spent my Christmas Eve....

I awoke on the west side of the country and spent all day soaring above the country, and the clouds and went to bed on the east side of the country. The is a lot of miles and hours to cover. Here are a few photo glimpses.


From the air~ I don't know were...some mountainous area.
After finally landing at Baltimore Washington Airport, waiting an eternity for luggage and finding brother's car...we made our way to our Christmas Eve dinner. Thai in downtown Silver Spring.

Christmas trees!
The Discovery Channel building is a block away from where we ate. I must admit is was a little surreal to be here after the hostage incident. I had also been to it when I was in DC in the spring.

T-Rex showing his Christmas spirit.
We then went back to Josh's place and his feline son was able to "open" his gifts.

They went over extremely well.
Butter's and me!
After Butter's got his gifts I went to work on wrapping mine to give. One downfall of flying with gifts is that they can't be wrapped. Which meant I felt like a slacker, but could truly say it wasn't my fault. We then went to bed in preparation for our 6 hour Christmas Day journey to Wilmington NC. Pretty sure Santa didn't crash our party...no promises for Mom and Uncle Ron's Christmas Eve festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment