Saturday, August 27, 2011

"The Dahlias were blooming in the ground as if they were welcoming her." ~Love Happens

I love flowers, of any kind. In the last few years I have come to love Dahlias. I've realized that I am not a fan of the old fashioned pom pom dahlias. I love the colorful, fireburst looking dahlia. The varigated colors are phenomenal. Someday, I will have lots of these beautiful flowers in my yard. Someday....In the meantime, I will enjoy them at the Swan Island Dahlia Festival. And, I will daydream about the ones I will pick out to plant in my yard.


**warning:lots of flowers to come**


Rows upon rows...




















I was amazed by the size of this one...







There is a pond that has HUGE Koi!!

They have a Ponderosa Lemon Tree with HUGE lemons...You can see one of the lemons behind some of the leaves below and just to the left of the sign.

In the display of cut dahlias, they also use the lemons. Each lemon was about the size of a large grapefruit/small cantalope.





I love the dahlia called Jitterbug. It is used in the display below with the purple dahlia.

Displays....





I couldn't go and see all the beautiful flowers and not take some home, right?! This is the bouquet that I bought.

Pretty, huh?! Now, wouldn't you want some in your yard, too?!

No comments:

Post a Comment